This webpage was updated on April 27, 2023.
The mission of this site is to:
- Contribute to improving the quality of life and health of patients suffering from heart failure
- Help patients, their families, and caregivers better understand heart failure
- Promote the quality of heart failure management in Belgium, as well as encourage scientific exchanges and clinical research in this field
The Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure of the Belgian Society of Cardiology is a professional organization and does not provide medical advice or diagnosis regarding heart failure. If you have symptoms or questions about heart failure, please contact your doctor.
- You agree to use this website only for legal purposes and in a manner that does not infringe on the rights of any third party, or restrict or prevent the use and enjoyment of the site by any third party.
- The Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF) will in no event be liable to the user or any other person for any decision or action taken based on the information contained on this website or provided during its use, nor for any incidental, indirect, special, or consequential damages.
- The information contained on this website is intended as a supplement to the assistance and care provided by qualified healthcare professionals. This website is not intended to replace advice provided by healthcare professionals or medical care. A healthcare professional should always be consulted before beginning (or continuing) any form of medical treatment. To this end, all information contained on this website is provided purely for educational purposes.
- Although the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF) has taken all precautions in developing this website, it cannot inspect all information to determine the truth, accuracy, completeness, or relevance of such information.
- The BWGHF will in no event be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential damages or loss of profits of any kind, resulting from the use of the website or in connection with its use, whether in contract or negligence. In no event shall the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF), any of its affiliated personnel, or the persons who contributed to the website be liable to you, the website visitor, or any other person or entity for any decision or action taken based on the information contained on this website. You agree that neither the BWGHF nor any of its affiliated personnel or persons who contributed to the website shall be liable for any damages (including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages) or for any loss of data or profits, even if the Belgian Society of Cardiology, any affiliated personnel or persons who contributed to the website have been informed of the possibility of such loss.
- The Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF) does not guarantee that the technical functions of the media contained on this website will operate uninterrupted or be error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this website or the server that hosts it does not contain any viruses or bugs, and does not guarantee the complete functioning, accuracy, and reliability of the media.
Copyright restrictions :
- The websites www.hartfalen.be / www.insuffisancecardiaque.be / www.heartfailure.be are owned by the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF). Any commercial use or publication of any or all of the displayed elements is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from the BWGHF. The documents on this website may be copied for personal and non-commercial use, provided that the source and copyright indications are also copied, no modifications are made to the document, and the document is copied in its entirety. However, some documents and photographs on this website have been published with the permission of the respective copyright holders (other than the BWGHF). All rights are reserved for these documents, and permission to copy them must be obtained from the copyright holders (sources are indicated on these documents/photographs).
Links to the BWGHF websites are permitted, but subject to the following conditions:
- A site must not give the impression that the BWGHF endorses or recommends the site or the products published on it.
- The BWGHF websites cannot be integrated into another site (frame).
- A site may be linked to the BWGHF, but cannot copy or synchronize the content.
- A site cannot use the BWGHF logo without written permission.
- A site cannot provide incorrect information about the BWGHF and its products and/or services.
- A site must not display abusive, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene, or otherwise unacceptable language or inaccurate information.
In the event of unauthorized use, the BWGHF may take action to request the removal of the display/distribution of the relevant materials and may initiate legal action.
- The website contains links to websites operated by parties other than the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF). These links are provided to the user for convenience only. The BWGHF has no control over these websites and is not responsible for their content. The fact that the BWGHF includes links to such websites does not imply that it endorses the content of these sites or has links with their operators. It is solely the responsibility of the user to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of any information contained on third-party websites, as well as the value and integrity of any goods and services offered by these websites.
Authors and content :
The websites www.hartfalen.be / www.insuffisancecardiaque.be / www.heartfailure.be have been developed under the direction of the Belgian Working Group on Heart Failure (BWGHF). The content of this website is original and based on recommendations in accordance with the guidelines of the European Society of Cardiology.
Working group members :
- Caroline Weytjens associated with the VUB Jette Cardiology Department
- Delphine Vervloet associated with the AZ Maria Middelares Gent
- Olivier Gurne associated with the Saint-Luc University Clinics Cardiology Department
- Quentin Coster, graphic designer at Elicla.